Friday, April 01, 2005

Remember When...(Part 2)

THE CONGO

Fat black bucks in a wide barrel room
Barren house kings with feet unstable!
Sagged, and ruled and pounded on the table!
Pounded on the table!
Beat an empty bottle with the handle of a broom
Hard as they we're able
Boom! Boom! Boom!
With the heel of umbrella and the handle of a broom
Bomlay...bomlay...Boom!

The along the river bank, a thousand miles
Tatooed cannibals danced in files
The I saw the Congo
Creeping to the dark
Cutting to the forest
With the golden track
Then I heard the boom of the blood-lust song
And the thigh bone beating on a tin pan gong

And blood...
Screamed the whistles and the pipes of the warriors
Blood...
Sreamed the skul-faced lean witch doctor
Boom! kill the pygmies!
Boom! Kill the Arabs!
Boom! Kill the white men!

Whirl ye the deadly
Vodoo rattle...
hurry the uplands
Rattle, rattle, rattle...Boom!

----------------------
The literary piece above was one of the most memorable piece. Aside kasi sa maganda sya i-present, may tono rin to kapag nirerecite. Sobrang saya kapag nagdedeliver kami ng mga lines nito. Take note, this piece was taught to us in first year high school Speech class with maam Salve Borjal.

Sobrang memorable ng class namin nun dahil madadrama rin mga kaklase ko, hehehe
I'm sure, until now, our speech class teacher would never forget us dahil sa mga pinaggagawa namin nun. Though hindi kami yung advisory class nya, she treated us as her own, hehe

Luv you maam...You're such an inspiration to us and more so to me. I always look forward na makita kayo whenever I had the time na makabalik sa school. Ü

No comments: