Friday, November 24, 2006

Farewell To A Friend

In the usual I-want-to-sleep-early-coz-tomorrow-is-workday night, I received a text message saying that we should pray for a friend (a high school classmate & college orgmate) coz she's currently in the ICU. At first, I didn't take it too seriously because I already know that she had undergone an operation before and she only informed us about it when she has fully recovered. Sabi ko pa, kaya nya yan. She's strong & brave. Then I was alarmed when I received another text message with the same info. There must be something...but they (her close friends and relatives) wouldn't give the details.

I did hope & pray that our friend would recover. I was positive that she can overcome the trial she's facing.

Then, a day after I receive those text messages, I received another message that totally shocked me. I was then in front of the PC doing the usual coding for our case study. It took me sometime to absorb what I had just read.

Our friend passed away.

She's too young to die. She's the first one in our batch to finish college in 3 1/2 years of studying. After which, she decided to take up a masteral course in the same school too. She just turned 23 last October... had a beautiful career and love life waiting for her.. had a nice family... had almost everything.

And then, in a blink of an eye, she's gone forever.

I t made me think of things about life. I sometimes complain on different things. But I realized that I still and should always be thankful that I'm okay.

TO Cha-cha, sana ok ka na jan. We'll surely miss you here.

No comments: