Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Of Life and Holidays

This is the first All Saint & All Soul's Day that I'm away from home and I am not happy with it. I hate to be away from home especially at times like this. There are many activities going on there that I'm supposed to be part of. (Yup, I am able to use my artistic abilities at these times dahil nagpipinta din ako ng mga nitso ng aking mga ninuno.Ü) Also, this is the time when our family and relatives are reunited - the dead and the living - and celebrate in the form of "pagtutulod". It's more like a food offering we prepare for the dead. We usually cook their favorite dish, prepare some cigarettes and drinks and just leave them on the table during the eve of Nov.1. Kaya naman kinaumagahan, aba! masarap ang pagkain namin, hehe!

But with the declared one-day holiday (thanks to PGMA's concern for the business sector [grrrr!!!]), I then decided not to go home because it wouldn't be worth the money and effort I will be spending. Mabibitin lang ako. So, here I am convincing myself that I made the right decision while mostly imagining things back home. Haay, life.

In order to move-on and cope with these changes in my schedule, I just relieve my homesickness by thinking happy thoughts and looking forward for the upcoming events after this ONE-DAY holiday. Birthdays, simbang-gabi, christmas party(ies), Oblation Run(?) [which still I haven't seen yet, heheh], bonus (hopefully...[too early to tell, hahaha!])...the list goes on and on and on na parang energizer...Ü

But the sure thing is that I will make it a point that I'd be home in time for the most anticipated holidays. By hook or by hook(?) dapat makauwi ako. Kaya nga ngayon pa lang, magsesecure na ko ng ticket reservation, hehehe. Sa araw-araw ba naman na ako'y napapadaan sa Cubao, I should be able to get the most comfortable seat wanted, di ba?

So, I must already confirm my reservation by tomorrow. Yey! Excited na ko! By the way, me & my Kuya will be going home together. Isn't it nice?...makakatipid ako nyan sa pasalubong, hehehe! (evil grin :p)

No comments: