Friday, August 11, 2006

What If...

There is an ongoing evacuation of OFWs from Lebanon due to the continuing bombardment of Israel to Lebanon’s Hezbollah and vice versa. And since most of our Filipinos employed there are domestic helpers, they are now being evacuated and are made to return the country almost empty-handed with only stories of the ongoing war fresh from their memories.

Then, it came on me... What if the roles we play are reversed? What if our country is capable of supporting the entire Filipinos instead of some of us leaving to work overseas? Come to think of it... Instead of Filipinos seeking greener pastures in other countries, the foreigners will be the one who will go and look for better jobs here. What could we possibly feel if we have Caucasians doing our household chores? Or the English people doing blue-collared jobs such as masonry, plumbing, carpentry and the likes?

I guess it will be a unique experience - different because I haven’t seen or heard any story about it in my entire existence, hehe. But nevertheless, I believe that someday we can reach that stage and be at the top of the world. Yey!!!

But as I write this post, a good friend of mine is on her way to New Zealand. She migrated right after finishing her studies here. She will stay there for good together with her family, who had already migrated ahead of her.

It's such a sad feeling to know that more and more Filipinos decide to leave the country. If only I can help in solving the current situation our country is facing. Sheesh! That'll be a magmanimous task to do by just a single person, ayt? I hope we are all willing to do our part...

As for me, Hmm... hey! I think I can. Yeah, I will be. Soon. Ü

No comments: