Happy Easter everyone!
By this time of writing, my family and relatives are spending this lovely day on our private resort. Yet here I am, only satisfying myself with the thoughts that I would already be home by sunday next week.
Although I spent this year's holy week alone here in Manila, I still tried to practice what we've been doing way back home during this season of lent.
Last Friday, I went to the church before noon thinking that there would be a celebrated mass. Instead what I saw were lots of people doing the 'visita iglesia' and praying to the 12 stations of the cross. So, I prayed too.
Astig dito coz instead that there will be persons who will talk on 'siete palabras' or the seven last words of Chirst, aba, idinaan na lang nila sa film showing ng The Passion of the Christ. Indeed, there'd be no better way to relieve such an event than seeing it by our very eyes, di ba?
A mass followed the film showing. That mass lasted for almost three hours. Why so? well, it's because each and everyone in the church were given time to venerate the holy cross...including me of course.
Actually, wala naman sana akong balak magparticipate dun kasi sa dami ng hahalik dun, malamang madami na ring 'germs' un, hehehe. Arte ba? Ü But then again, para bagang may humila sa paa ko upang magparticipate sa ganun. Hindi naman madumi dahil everytime na may hahalik sa cross, pinipunasan din agad ng scented liquid to eliminated any unwanted organisms Ü
After the mass, I was expecting that a procession will follow. Pero wala. Ganito ata talaga dito. I was a bit frustrated dahil I've been participating in the procession for some time way back home. Ngayon lang hindi.
Kaya naman I've realized why most people travel to the provinces during holy week. Mas sacred at solemn kasi ang pag-oobserve dun ng holy week. Although tanggap kong this difference may be traced to the status and location of the place, mas pipiliin ko pa rin ang nakagawian ko na.
I was raised as a God-fearing individual and I'm thankful for that. I may not be that religious but I am constantly living up to what a Cahtolic should be - in my thoughts, words, and deeds.
No comments:
Post a Comment