Monday, September 11, 2006

Sakay Na!

It was past 6 o'clock in the evening and was raining cats and dogs. A certain jeepney was full of passengers who were eager to reach their destination at once. I was one of them.

We're travelling carefully as the heavy downpour continues.
Once in a while, the driver would mention the place we're passing by hoping that some passengers would take off in order to accomodate others. Contrary to most of his tired and exhausted passengers, this driver energetically updates us as to where we currently are.
"May Kamias ba dyan?"
"O, Uni-lane na... "

Then at one point he said, "Matino... Walang matino?"

I smiled. His co-driver -the kunduktor- also reacted. They may have had noticed me as I was just seated near them.

"Drayber ako dito ha. hindi ako kasali dun...", he defensively added smiling.

After some time still...

"O, yung Philcoa dyan."

No comments: