Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Engulfed by Melancholy

Two weeks pa lang ako dito sa Manila yet I already miss everyone way back home.

I hate arriving from school to an almost empty boarding house where everyone has their own business to attend to.
- at home, I always look for my mother and father when I arrive and I always anticipate their questions like "...how was your day?...Is everything fine?...", or hear their comforting words like "...Don't worry, everything will be alright..." while feeling the warmth of their embrace.

I hate spending my supposed-to-be leisure time just drooling in front of the television watching every telenovela there is.
- at home, I make it a point to take a stroll outside, smell the flowers, feel the cool breeze, or even play with my niece. I don't depend too much on television to relieve my needs for relaxation.

I hate not being able to avail myself of what a computer science student in a premier state university should have in order to excel and be able to gather the information relevant to my course.
- If it happened that I spend my college years in the company of my family, I am pretty sure that I will be provided with things that I need for me to be at pace with everyone in class.

I hate living in a place where everyone is competing for space. I am beginning to be claustrophobic because of this.
- Way back home, it is space everywhere. I can freely roam around. I can sleep in a well ventilated room. I can seat in a comfortable chair or eat in a spacious dining room. I can hear the rhythm of the pouring rain or watch as the first rays of the sun peeps through the windows.

I hate you melancholy!
Why are you visiting me so early? You're like a phagocyte which eats out every trace of happiness left in my system.

Spare me please.... Spare me.

No comments: