Sunday, January 15, 2006

Parting is Such Sweet Sorrow

I was hesistant to attend an early afternoon mass since I was taking my time reading the sunday paper (especially the sunday comics and sports pages, hehe!). But with just a few minutes to spare before the clock strikes 5, there I was... sprinting my way to church. It was as if my legs were dragged by an unknown force.

Luckily, the mass was officiated by one of my favorite priests at the UP Chapel. Sadly though, it was his last conducted mass here because he is already assigned at a certain parish in Iloilo. I felt sad upon knowing such since I've been hearing nice and meaningful homily from him since my first year in college. Although I didn't even had the chance to get to know his name, but seeing his familiar face and pondering on the messages that he imparts through the mass enlightens and comforts me.

But then again, although I'm one of the many church-goers who will surely miss his presence, I am still thankful that I've been under his guidance and that he made me see the clearer picture of things when everything seems black and white to me. Sabi nga, "parting is such a sweet sorrow"...pero we should welcome things when they happen and be happy that we're part of it when it happened.

Now I know why I was made to attend that 5pm mass-It was for me to be able to bid my farewell and goodluck to the person who had made me see life in a more beautiful and hopeful perspective.

No comments: