
I'm loving this game because... I love UP!
The opening game of UAAP last Saturday indeed proved that the game isn't over yet until it's over. The UST Growling Tigers lead with as much as seven points in the last few minutes of the final quarter, but the never-say-die Fighting Maroons had managed to cut the lead down and win the game! Whatta game! Salamat sa back-to-back na tres ni Abby which was very much needed at that time. Indeed, the opportunity given to them to play in the Granny Goose team in the PBL helped hone their abilities well.
Grabe talaga yung game! Nung last 2 minutes na lang, parang nawalan nako ng pag-asa na makakabawi pa. But after ng mga three consecutive turn-overs in favor sa Maroons at sundan pa ng dalawang walang sablay na tres ni #18, hay...all of a sudden eh nagsisigaw na lang ako bigla (as if maririnig nila ang pagchcheer ko, habang ako'y nakaharap sa tv, hehehe).
Although UP won in the opening game, I still can't accept the fact na wala na sa team sina Toti (jersey #4), Josant (jersey #13), & Jireh (jersey #6).

While watching the game, every once in a while e hinahanap sila ng mata ko. I will forever miss Toti Almeda's daredevil moves plus his fastbreaks and breath-taking steals. I will long for the fight! fight! fight! attitude imposed on court by Josant Cervates coupled with his ability to shoot outside the perimeter. Also, Jireh Ibanes'panther-like moves will forever live.
But their absence will hopefully be filled in by Maroon veterans namely Abby Santos (jersey #18), Marvin Cruz (jersey #9), Jino Ferrer (jersey #5) and Nestor David (jersey #15).
UP FIGHT!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment