Monday, July 05, 2004

Get To Know Me Better

I·rene (i·rēń), a feminine given name, from Greek Eirēnē meaning peace.

That’s the definition Grolier’s provide. But according to my father, my name was based from his relative who is a pediatrician. (Hmm… at an early age my parents had high expectations from me already!)

A life being the youngest in the family of three and raised by parents who are both teachers is a blissful but complicated one. School became my second home. My life revolved within the four corners of school even until this time of writing. I became reliant on my family on almost everything I do. Since both my siblings had made their marks in their chosen fields, I feel as though everyone expects me to perform astoundingly too.

But when I came to college, my biggest fear had surfaced. A soft-spoken individual that I am hinders me to articulate my ideas clearly and lessen my chances to mingle with everyone. That’s mainly the reason why I'm often left misunderstood by others.

I’m perfectionist and idealistic on almost all aspects of life such as in my lifestyle, decision-making, and on other matters that gets my attention. That’s why I get very anxious if I stumble on things which I have no control of. I set high expectations on myself and even to those around me. And at the end of the day, I want that everything fall on their right places or else, I’m bothered by it the whole time.

I follow the golden rule “Do not do unto others, if you do not want others to do unto you”. That’s why I try to be very cautious when it comes to dealing with people especially those who do not know me that well.

I also practice a clean form of living. I don’t smoke and as much as possible, I avoid drinking. But then, I think staying away from smoking doesn’t really make any difference at all since the air here in Manila could already provide enough nicotine and other gases that can freely infiltrate my precious lungs. This is the reason why I still prefer to settle down in the province once I had achieved a strong foundation in life.

No comments: